Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Media Crack: Condé Nast Peanut Butter Scandal Dominates the Media News"--Gawker


Read this on gawker this morning: [The current peanut butter salmonella scare is affecting the most vulnerable among us.  We hear that Conde Nast "has removed all peanut butter products from the cafeteria until the salmonella scare gets resolved.  Teen Vogue inters otherwise known as publisher's daughters, used to daily PB+J lunches, are not amused."  Will teen Vogue interns ever catch a break in life?]

This  issue has been plaguing me for the past week and it goes far beyond the interns at Teen Vogue not getting their PB&J.  My entire breakfast routine was interrupted all last week, but they brought the peanut butter back on Friday.  I thought this was all over, but no.  I walked into the Condé Nast Cafeteria this morning thinking I was going to have my usual breakfast of tea, toast with organic peanut butter and fresh squeezed OJ.  I was quite alarmed to see that AGAIN the peanut butter was removed from the cafeteria and replaced with a disturbing sign reading "ALL PEANUT BUTTER HAS BEEN REMOVED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE."  I decided to put my investigative journalism skills to use once again.  I am pretty close friends with Mindy in the cafeteria, who is in charge of all peanut butter operations.  When there was a drought this summer, she was the one that guided me through it.  According to Mindy, a "higher up" is the person that is responsible for this and it might be forever.  Brace yourself Teen Vogue interns...this might last a lot longer than you think.  And Gawker, publishers daughters eat tuna tar tar from Nobu 57 for lunch, not PB&J from the cafeteria.  And Teen Vogue, writing to Gawker about your peanut butter woes just perpetuates the myth that we are all whiny, anorexic, spoiled brats.  Keep your interns in check!

--Ray Siegel, Editorial Fashion Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment